You are never too young to learn about fire safety! Each year Mt. Olive Preschool invites the San Diego Fire Department to come to our campus and educate the children about the importance of fire safety. Some of the details include:
- Don’t play with anything that can cause a fire.
- Stop, Drop and Roll
- Crawl low under smoke and know the way out.
- Firefighters are your friends.
- Exit Drills in the Home (E.D.I.T.H.)
- Smoke Detectors
- What is an emergency? What number do you call? (9-1-1)
In an effort to help empower our children to keep themselves safe, the San Diego Police Department brings their “Stranger Danger” program to Mt. Olive students. Program highlights include:
- Strangers are people you do not know….
- Not all strangers are dangerous, but you can’t tell by looking at them. Even big kids might be dangerous strangers…or even girls…
- If approached by a stranger that offers candy or a ride home, you should yell “NO”, run the other way, and tell an adult….
- If lost or separated from parents, know what a police officer looks like and ask for help or go into a store and ask for help from someone who works there.
Pacific Animal Productions
For more than 20 years, Pacific Animal Productions has been dedicated to conserving wildlife and endangered species while educating people about the wonders of wildlife. They incorporate "edu-tainment" into their presentations to engage the audience and give them a safe environment to see, touch and learn about a monkey, fox, parrot, kinkajou, alligator, snake, bugs and more. You can find out more information here: www.PacificAnimalProductions.com
Webby Dance Company
Webby Dance Company is a family owned and operated company that has been in business over 30 years. Dance education is an excellent way of teaching the joys of music and movement while offering children an opportunity to strengthen their bodies, develop self-confidence, and exert physical energy in a positive way. You can learn more about Webby Dance Company from their website: www.WebbyDanceCompany.com
Mad Science is a leading science enrichment provider. They deliver unique, hands-on science experiences for children that are as entertaining as they are educational. In an age when science programs are being cut or under-funded, Mad Science encourages children to discover the world around them and pursue careers in science. Mad Science also works hand-in-hand with partner organizations to offer health awareness programs such as “Be Tobacco Free” (warning of the dangers of tobacco use), “Be Sun Smart” (encouraging the use of sunscreen), “Build Your Bones” (exploring the importance of dietary calcium), and others. There is lots of information about their program on their website: www.MadScience.com